Mount In-Cab Components
The following steps offer cab installation and connection instructions specific to the OMNiDRIVE™ system.
Note: During the installation process, note the serial number and bar code of the following devices and the machine on which each device is installed:
- Slingshot®Field Hub
- RS Lite
This information will be required during device registration and field provisioning procedures and will help locate each device within the Slingshot® portal.
Note: Please allow up to 4 business days to activate the Field Hub. Once activation has been completed, a confirmation email will be sent to the customer and an OTA (Over the Air) Software updates and other information pushed from Slingshot® servers via the Slingshot® system. software update will be pushed to the Field Hub the next time the device powers up. It may be recommended to complete and submit the OLAF Online Activation Form procedures for the Field Hub on all OMNiDRIVE™ machines. Refer to the following for additional assistance:
- Activate the Slingshot® Field Hub for the OMNiDRIVE™ Tractor
- Activate the Slingshot® Field Hub for the OMNiDRIVE™ Combine
Mount the Tablet
- Place the tablet face-down on a flat surface.
- Secure the large, square RAM® base to the back of the tablet using the provided inserts and M4 screws (P/N 311-0005-030).
Note: The RAM® base may be oriented on the tablet to accommodate different mounting configurations as desired.
- Secure the round RAM® base to the display mount (P/N 103-0159-024) as shown below.
- Remove the OEM display and install the RAM® display mount between the OEM display and bracket.
- Secure the RAM® socket arm to the base plates to mount the tablet above the OEM display.
Note: The display bracket and socket arm may be rotated to mount the tablet next to the OEM display.
Mount the Slingshot® Field Hub and Ethernet Switch
The information affixed to the bottom of the Field Hub will be required to activate the device and provision the OMNiDRIVE™ system. Before mounting the Field Hub, it is strongly recommended to remove the SIM card and modem labels affixed to the bottom of the modem. Store this information in a safe location or on the top of the modem temporarily. Take a photo of the IMEI International Mobile Equipment Identity information on the bottom of the Field Hub.
- Use the supplied hardware to mount the Slingshot® Field Hub (P/N 063-0173-992) and Ethernet switch (P/N 063-2610-012) to the Slingshot®/Ethernet switch bracket (P/N 107-2610-024).
- Place the Field Hub/Ethernet switch assembly on the floor of the combine. Select a location where the bracket and cables will be out of the way, but still visible.
Note: Review the Field Hub Installation Manual for additional instructions on mounting and connecting the Field Hub antennas.
Mount the CR7™ and E-Stop
The information affixed to the bottom of the Field Hub will be required to activate the device and provision the OMNiDRIVE™ system. Before mounting the Field Hub, it is strongly recommended to remove the SIM card and modem labels affixed to the bottom of the modem. Store this information in a safe location or on the top of the modem temporarily. Take a photo of the IMEI information on the bottom of the Field Hub.
- Secure the CR7™ field computer to the mounting bracket (P/N 107-2610-025) using the supplied hardware.
- Use the provided 2-sided tape to secure the hand-held E-Stop Emergency stop button or switch. to the mounting bracket.
- Use the provided RAM® Mount and hardware to mount the bracket assembly within easy reach of the operator seat.
- Proceed to the Mount the Combine Roof Array topic to proceed with the installation process.
P/N 016-2610-001 Rev. B Aug 2021 E37866