Note: During the installation process, note the serial number and bar code of the following devices and the machine on which each device is installed:
- Slingshot®Field Hub
- RS Lite
- Perception Controller
This information will be required during device registration and field provisioning procedures and will help locate each device within the Slingshot® portal.
Note: Please allow up to 4 business days to activate the Field Hub. Once activation has been completed, a confirmation email will be sent to the customer and an OTA (Over the Air) Software updates and other information pushed from Slingshot® servers via the Slingshot® system. software update will be pushed to the Field Hub the next time the device powers up. It may be recommended to complete and submit the OLAF Online Activation Form procedures for the Field Hub on all OMNiDRIVE™ machines. Refer to the following for additional assistance:
- Activate the Slingshot® Field Hub for the OMNiDRIVE™ Tractor
- Activate the Slingshot® Field Hub for the OMNiDRIVE™ Combine
- Review the Important Safety Information and Recommendations and Best Practices before starting the installation.
- Complete the following procedures to install the combine components.
Note: Click the links below for more detailed steps to complete the installation on your combine or harvester.
- Review and complete the installation procedures on the tractor on which the OMNiDRIVE™ system will be installed:John Deere 8R Installation Overview
Note: Click the links below for more detailed steps to complete the installation on your tractor.
- Tractor Kit Contents
- Cab Preparation
- Populating the OMNiDRIVE™ Device Plate
- Mount and Connect the Lockout Switch
- Mount and Connect the Radar Assembly
- Install the Brake System and Clutch Harness
- Connect the Steering Valve Harness
- Install the Camera System
- Install the Flood Lighting System
- Connect the RS Lite and StarFire™ Receiver
- Install the Antenna Bracket
- Install the Armrest and Foot Throttle Harness
- Power the OMNiDRIVE™ System
- Mount and Secure the OMNiDRIVE™ Device Plate
- Proceed to the field provisioning procedures to configure the OMNiDRIVE™ system and link the tractor, controlling combine The combine that may assign paths to, and may sync with, the OMNiDRIVE™ tractor. One controlling combine is required for all OMNiDRIVE™ locations., and any non-controlling combines which will be present for field operations. Refer to the Field Provisioning Overview for additional assistance with starting the field provisioning procedures.
P/N 016-2610-001 Rev. B Aug 2021 E37866