Install the Antenna Bracket
|Use extreme caution while working on the cab roof. Surfaces on the roof may be uneven or slippery and hardware and harnesses may present tripping hazards. Contact a local equipment dealer for additional information or assistance with working on the roof of specific make and model machine.|
- Metric socket set - 5 to 24 mm
- Metric Allen wrenches - up to 8 mm
Complete the following steps to assemble and mount the antenna bracket, including the radio, and RS Lite.
The information affixed to the bottom of the Field Hub will be required to activate the device and provision the OMNiDRIVE™ system. Before mounting the Field Hub, it is strongly recommended to remove the SIM card and modem labels affixed to the bottom of the modem. Store this information in a safe location or on the top of the modem temporarily. Take a photo of the IMEI International Mobile Equipment Identity information on the bottom of the Field Hub.
- Connect the beacon light cable (P/N 115-2610-044) to the beacon connectors on the the bottom of the antenna mounting bracket.
- Locate the radio cable (P/N 115-2610-023) and E-Stop Emergency stop button or switch. cable (P/N 115-2610-025).
Note: The radio cable and E-Stop cables are included as parts of the antenna bracket assembly.
- Remove the two bolts located on the roof of the tractor.
- Set the antenna bracket assembly on the cab and align with the existing bolt holes.
Note: If the bracket does not align correctly, loosen the 5 mm Allen bolts on each side of the bracket and adjust the bracket width until it aligns with the holes.
- Reinstall the cab roof bolts to secure the antenna mounting bracket assembly to the tractor roof.
- Route the beacon light cable, radio cable, and E-Stop antenna harnesses to the right, rear of the cab roof and along the rear window.
- Pass the cables into cab of the tractor through either the window grommet or through the hole drilled in the cab as part of the Connect the Steering Valve Harness process.
Note: Make sure there are no kinks in the cables when coiling up any excess cable length. Ensure the harness is secured using the supplied zip ties.
- Connect the E-Stop antenna cable (P/N 115-2610-025) to the bottom of the Tractor Interface Board (TIB). The E-Stop connector is located on the bottom, right of the TIB behind the large connectors on the TIB.
- Connect the radio antenna cable to the radio.
- Connect the beacon light cable to the connector labeled Beacon/Horn on the base cable.
- Next, refer to the Install the Armrest and Foot Throttle Harness topic for assistance with connecting the OMNiDRIVE™ system to the operator controls in the tractor armrest.
P/N 016-2610-001 Rev. B Aug 2021 E37866