Install the Brake System and Clutch Harness
- Metric socket set - 5 to 24 mm
- Metric wrenches
- Metric Allen wrenches - up to 8 mm
- Large flat head screw driver
Remove Factory Brake Rods
- Release the bottom of spring from the steering wheel tilt foot lever.
Secure or lower the steering column to prevent the steering wheel from falling unexpectedly.
- Using a socket, remove the bolt upon which the brake pedals pivot.
Note: There are two washers installed on this bolt from the factory. One washer is installed between the pedals and one washer is installed between the left pedal and the steering column. When reassembling the brake pedals and brake stop weldment bracket, these washers must be replaced in the same locations.
- Grasp the brake pedal above the brake rod and e-clip and pull straight up to remove the OEM brake rods from the cab floor.
- Remove E-Clips and pins which hold the brake rods to the pedal assemblies to release the OEM brake rods.
- Remove the two bolts from the steering column to prepare for installation of the brake stop bracket installation.
Assemble Brake Actuators and Pedals
- Verify that the OEM brake rods are the same length as the supplied medium actuator assemblies (P/N 063-2610-018) or long actuator assemblies (P/N 063-2610-017).
Note: If the OEM brake rods are not the same length as the supplied actuator assemblies, contact Raven Technical Service for the correct kit for the tractor.
- Attach the supplied actuator assemblies to brake pedals using the E-Clips and pins.
Note: Ensure that the actuator motors face forward (toward the windshield) and that the nuts holding the brake rods to the actuators are facing each other.
- Reinsert the 24 mm bolt through the brake pedals and replace the washers.
Note: One washer is installed between the pedals and one washer is installed between the left pedal and the steering column. When reassembling the brake pedals and brake stop weldment bracket, these washers must be replaced in the same locations.
Connect the Clutch Sensor Cable
- Locate the clutch sensor on the steering column to the left of the brakes and disconnect the factory wiring harness.
- Tee the orange clutch cable (P/N 115-2610-016) to the factory connectors:
- CL2 to the factory sensor
- CL1 to the factory wiring harness previously connected to the sensor
- Route the clutch cable to the clutch connector on the base cable.
Install Brake Actuator Assemblies
- Gently slide new brake rods through the guides and into floor.
- Tighten the 24 mm bolt to 73 ft-lb [99 Nm] to secure the brake pedals.
- Remove the two 13 mm hex head bolts from the right brake rod guide on the floor.
- Place the brake block bracket (P/N 116-2610-013) on top of the brake rod guide and reinstall the factory bolts to secure the bottom of the bracket. Tighten the bolts to 13 ft-lb [17 Nm].
- Secure the top of the brake block bracket using the provided M8 hex key bolts tightened to 13 ft-lb [17 Nm].
Note: The longer, 130 mm bolt is installed in the lower hole while the shorter, 40 mm bolt is installed in the upper hole of the brake block bracket.
- Secure the longer 130 mm bolt using the supplied M8 lock nut.
- Use a long, flat headed screw driver to assist with reconnecting the spring to the steering wheel tilt pedal.
- Connect the black connector from the brake solenoids to the "Brake Actuators" connector on the base cable (P/N 115-2610-054).
- Proceed to the Connect the Steering Valve Harness topic to continue with the OMNiDRIVE™ installation.
Note: It may be recommended to wait to reassemble the steering column until after the brakes have been fully calibrated after the system is fully installed.
P/N 016-2610-001 Rev. B Aug 2021 E37866