Populating the OMNiDRIVE™ Device Plate
The following sections provide initial cable connections on the device plate. Complete the following procedures prior to placing the device plate behind the operator seat in the tractor cab.
Note: Route and tuck cables between devices. Use provided zip ties to secure cabling after the following procedures are complete.
Note: During the installation process, note the serial number and bar code of the following devices and the machine on which each device is installed:
- Slingshot®Field Hub
- RS Lite
- Perception Controller
This information will be required during device registration and field provisioning procedures and will help locate each device within the Slingshot® portal.
Note: Please allow up to 4 business days to activate the Field Hub. Once activation has been completed, a confirmation email will be sent to the customer and an OTA (Over the Air) Software updates and other information pushed from Slingshot® servers via the Slingshot® system. software update will be pushed to the Field Hub the next time the device powers up. It may be recommended to complete and submit the OLAF Online Activation Form procedures for the Field Hub on all OMNiDRIVE™ machines. Refer to the following for additional assistance:
- Activate the Slingshot® Field Hub for the OMNiDRIVE™ Tractor
- Activate the Slingshot® Field Hub for the OMNiDRIVE™ Combine
Brake Module Cable (P/N 115-2610-069)
- On the device plate, locate the brake module and power distribution block.
- Insert the rectangular, male plug on the brake module cable into the port on the left side of the brake module.
- Insert the 6-pin, male plug into the upper brake module port.
Note: The lower 6-pin port on the brake module will not be used.
- Route the 3-pin plug to the J8 port on the power distribution module.
Note: The plugs labeled J1 and J3 will be used with the base cable. The black connector is not used.
VCU Power Cable (P/N 115-2610-006)
- On the device plate, locate the Perception Controller and the power distribution block.
- Insert the rectangular, male plug into the port to the left side of the Perception Controller.
- Route the 2-pin, power plug to the J6 port on the power distribution module.
Note: The two triangular, 3-pin plugs will connect to the radar and J1939 CAN systems while the remaining rectangular plug is not connected during install.
Radio Power Cable (P/N 115-2610-064)
- On the device plate, locate the radio and the power distribution block.
- Connect the round, yellow connector to the bottom of the radio.
- Route the 2-pin, power plug to the J2 connector on the power distribution module.
Note: The small, round plug will connect to the hand-held E-Stop Emergency stop button or switch. (P/N 063-2610-006) in the tractor cab. The 3-pin, rectangular plug will connect to the RS Lite to StarFire™ cable from the tractor roof.
Ethernet Power Cable (P/N 115-2610-017) and Device Plate Ethernet Cables
- On the device plate, locate the Ethernet switch and power distribution module.
- Connect the round, yellow plug to the port labeled X6 on the Ethernet switch.
- Route the 2-pin plug to the J7 port on the power distribution module.
- On the device plate, locate the TIB, radio, Perception Controller, and Ethernet switch.
- Connect one of the Ethernet cables (P/N 420-2002-077) to the Ethernet port on the bottom of the TIB.
- Route the other end of the cable to the X1 port on the Ethernet switch.
- Connect the other Ethernet cable (P/N 420-2002-077) to the Ethernet port on the bottom of the Perception Controller.
- Route the other end of the cable to the X4 port on the Ethernet switch.
- Connect the Ethernet cable (P/N 420-2002-083) to the bottom of the radio.
- Route the other end of the cable to the X2 port on the Ethernet switch.
Note: Connecting the Ethernet cables as described above will allow Raven Technical Service the best opportunity to help troubleshoot or perform diagnostics on the OMNiDRIVE™ system if troubleshooting, support, or service are required.
- Connect the Slingshot® Ethernet cable (P/N 420-2002-081) to the X5 port on the Ethernet switch.
- Route the other end of the cable to the Ethernet port on the Slingshot® Field Hub.
The Field Hub manual offers best practices and considerations for mounting and connecting these components.These manuals are available at https://portal.ravenprecision.com or by using the links above. Please refer to these documents when installing the OMNiDRIVE™ system.
The information affixed to the bottom of the Field Hub will be required to activate the device and provision the OMNiDRIVE™ system. Before mounting the Field Hub, it is strongly recommended to remove the SIM card and modem labels affixed to the bottom of the modem. Store this information in a safe location or on the top of the modem temporarily. Take a photo of the IMEI International Mobile Equipment Identity information on the bottom of the Field Hub.
TIB Disconnect Cable (P/N 115-2610-045)
- On the device plate, locate the Tractor Interface Board (TIB) and the TIB disconnect.
- Connect the blue and gray connectors to the TIB.
Note: Be sure to secure the connectors by sliding the red lock into the lock position.
- Route the other pair of blue and gray connectors to the TIB side of the TIB Disconnect.
Note: Check the label affixed to the TIB disconnect to confirm TIB and armrest connections. When properly connected, the cable harnesses should be pointing down.
Base Cable (P/N 115-2610-054) and Device Plate Staging
- Connect the large, blue and gray connectors to the Tractor Interface Board (TIB) disconnect.
- Connect the 3-pin power plug to the J4 port on the power distribution module.
- Route the 12-pin and 8-pin plugs to the brake module cable (P/N 115-2610-069) previously connected to the brake module.
- Connect the 8-pin plug to the J1 connector on the brake module cable.
- Lower the OMNiDRIVE™ device plate (P/N 063-2610-021) between the seat and the rear cab wall with the Perception Controller and other devices facing toward the front of the tractor.
Note: For easier cable routing and connection, do not mount the OMNiDRIVE™ device plate to the tractor until all harness connections are complete.
Seat Switch Tee
- Locate the seat switch at the rear of the operator seat and use the "S1" and "S2" connectors to tee the base cable into the factory seat switch.
J1939 Breakout Cable
- Connect the 6-pin base cable connector labeled TIB CAN to the J1939 breakout cable (P/N 115-2610-052).
- Route the 3-pin, triangular plug to the VC1 connector on the VCU power cable (P/N 115-2610-006) already installed on the Perception Controller.
- Route and connect the round, 9-pin connector to the J1939 diagnostic port in the tractor cab.
Note: It is preferred that the OMNiDRIVE™ system is connected directly into the tractor J1939 port. A pass-through connection is available on the J1939 breakout cable for diagnostics or other devices and tee into the existing connection.
Proceed to the Mount and Connect the Lockout Switch topic to proceed with the installation process on the tractor.
P/N 016-2610-001 Rev. B Aug 2021 E37866